• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

What website to order from now? (1 Viewer)

lulubelle

Since Eagle Optics is gone, I am not sure what site to direct people to that might have a similar amount of variety & a great return time like EO. Any suggestions? Thanks!

Hi Lulu, it's been a while since I've transacted in the US, but I have had great and prompt service from Adorama. I've also had very good dealings with CameraLandNY. Between them just about everything should be available bar some of the direct to the consumer stuff like Tract or Maven. Hopefully someone can confirm with some current dealings. :t:

Chosun :gh:

Yes, Doug at Cameralandny.com, bhphoto.com is always good, even Amazon and Ebay, with reputable vendors that have excellent feedback ratings. I think it depends what you are looking for, but I would recommend Cameralandny.com for personal and reliable service anytime, if they have what you want, at the price you can afford. My last one was from Doug, and before that, Ebay. B&H is a top vendor, and so is Amazon. Choose your picks, and picks your chooses!

Hi Lulu, it's been a while since I've transacted in the US, but I have had great and prompt service from Adorama. I've also had very good dealings with CameraLandNY. Between them just about everything should be available bar some of the direct to the consumer stuff like Tract or Maven. Hopefully someone can confirm with some current dealings. :t:

Chosun :gh:

I agree with Cameraland. I've found any place almost can be pretty hit or miss. I've recently had a miss at BH photo but always liked them in the past. They seemed to be the ones to get the specs correctly at least. Eagle Optics kind of customer service seems to be in decline everywhere. I tried Redbird Optics who has some of the staff from the old Eagle Optics and had the worst experience of my optics buying career so you never know. I think Cameraland is your best overall shot at this time. But don't quote me. ;)

Oh and Amazon is almost a sure thing for me, especially if you are a Prime member. You can quote me on that.

Last edited:
B&H, Adorama, Eurooptics, Amazon.com and Cameraland are all pretty good but I have found Sport Optics the most similar to Eagle optics with exceptional customer service and very knowledgeable salesmen. If you buy binoculars there they will inspect them before they ship to make sure everything is correct which is difficult at a seller like Amazon.com. Here is there website.
https://www.sportoptics.com/

I just wish they could put the correct specs on the binoculars. They have about three or four way wrong right now. I do think that's a great service to have someone take a look at them before shipping. I didn't know they'd do that. I wish they carried a few more models also.

Another vote for Doug and Neal at CamerlandNY. They always try to please!

proudpappa56 on eBay is a BF member. Features Swarovski and Opticron as far as I know. SUPER fast communication and shipping.

B&HPhoto does a nice job. Great specials and fast shipping.

Europtic.com does a good job.

That's the ones I use the most these days....

Another vote for Doug and Neal at CamerlandNY. They always try to please!

proudpappa56 on eBay is a BF member. Features Swarovski and Opticron as far as I know. SUPER fast communication and shipping.

B&HPhoto does a nice job. Great specials and fast shipping.

Europtic.com does a good job.

That's the ones I use the most these days....

Link above should read Eurooptic.com !! ;)

Had good luck with Adorama, B&H, Amazon for sheer selection and good service.

Best Buy is good if they are local to you and have what you need; they have extended warranty and replacement policies that have saved us more than once.

I avoid eBay like the plague for electronics or precision-anything of any sort. I've been burned more than once and Paypal is one step away from arch-enemy status. |!|

Going to keep cameralandny.com in mind based on this thread though!

Best Buy is good if they are local to you and have what you need; they have extended warranty and replacement policies that have saved us more than once.

I avoid eBay like the plague for electronics or precision-anything of any sort. I've been burned more than once and Paypal is one step away from arch-enemy status. |!|

I did not know Best Buy carried binoculars in their stores so I will have to check that out. :t: Some other stores to consider that have a good reputation are Cabela's, Bass Pro, Sportsman's Warehouse and REI.

I have not any issues on purchasing binoculars off eBay but I am very careful to look into the details and ask questions via eBay mail about any potential issues. eBay tends to side with the buyer in disputes so do your homework first so any argument favors the buyer side.

I did not know Best Buy carried binoculars in their stores so I will have to check that out. :t: Some other stores to consider that have a good reputation are Cabela's, Bass Pro, Sportsman's Warehouse and REI.
I doubt it's the kind of selection you folks are used to, but always worth a look. And it's a brick-n-mortar so their selection is dwindling fast even for cameras and basics. Heck, I haven been in one for a bit, so maybe they simply don't (or it's just consumer-grade). *shrug*

I have not any issues on purchasing binoculars off eBay but I am very careful to look into the details and ask questions via eBay mail about any potential issues. eBay tends to side with the buyer in disputes so do your homework first so any argument favors the buyer side.
My last experiences with eBay favored the seller, at least insofar as the seller was able to duck the issue and I never got a refund. If it comes down to "when I sent them they were fine" and "when I got them they were broken" they've sided with the seller and left me holding the bag. Paypal generally works the same way.

My girlfriend has good luck with crafts and that sort of thing, and I have bought used NERF weapons successfully (though had some bitter old coot rip me a new one because I didn't give him an A+++), but those are low-expectation sales. Maybe I've just had bad luck...but it's stung badly and expensively so...I only buy expensive objects new these days from established companies.

I buy mostly from B&H, but Planet Optics is reliable and often has 10% discounts (sadly they are not an authorized Swarovski dealer). Midway USA also has bargains occasionally.

One very good source that hasn't been mentioned is Optics4Birding. Steve who posts here from time to time is very knowledgeable and as far as I know their specs are god.
Steve

One very good source that hasn't been mentioned is Optics4Birding. Steve who posts here from time to time is very knowledgeable and as far as I know their specs are god.
Steve
I would not recommend Optics4bBirding based on my experience with them. I had a very difficult time returning a Swarovski binocular case and I would not deal with them again. That was just my experience.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back