• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Owlpoo P900 (1 Viewer)

poledark

cCould be the last pics I take on my P900, new P1000 arriving on Monday.

Spotted this on garden bench this morning, about 2"...........Owlpoo?

Den

Attachments

• Smalloqlpoo1.JPG
    Smalloqlpoo1.JPG
    502.3 KB · Views: 102
  • Owlpoo5.JPG
    Owlpoo5.JPG
    464.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
cCould be the last pics I take on my P900, new P1000 arriving on Monday.

Spotted this on garden bench this morning, about 2"...........Owlpoo?

Den

Surely this is an owl pellet - in general, owls are unable to digest the fur, bones and teeth of their prey, which they usually swallow whole. The indigestible parts are regurgitated (coughed up through the beak) in the form of an owl pellet.

Owl droppings are usually watery, mainly white and can be a sign of a regular roost site.

Thanks for that :) Of course I now realise it is a pellet, but only ever having seen one on TV I jumped to the wrong conclusion. Good macro on the P900 :)

Wife and I are pretty sure an owl lands on our roof most nights, we hear a thud and then a pitter patter of feet(?) The finding of the pellet adds a bit more to the puzzle of just what it is.

Den

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back