• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

problems with drop down menu with Chrome (1 Viewer)

Steve Babbs

Hi

Something very strange has happen to Google Chrome on my PC. When I go to choices selected by clicking on a drop down menu I cannot scroll. E.g. if I want to put which country I'm in I have to start writing a country beginning with V so I go to that country and then click on the United Kingdom above it! Any thoughts.

Regards

Steve

Hi Steve. I just reported this to tech although I don't believe it is a BF problem. I did a system restore to before the latest windows update and it corrected the problem. I then allowed the update a few days later hoping that the update had been corrected. It was not.

Unfortunately, it still would not work on my Google Chrome but fellow Mod D suggested I used the page up/down key and that allowed me to make a choice in the drop down windows. the up and down arrows works as well. I don't know whether to contact Google Chrome on this or what.

I had a look and there appears to be a GC Forum, it may be worth posting in there to see what's going on.

Sorry I should have made it clear; this is a general Chrome problem, not specific to Birdforum.

Steve

also affects the drop down on our GoingBirding websites for Hants, Berks etc - can't use the slider anymore and have to use the wheel on the mouse, pretty grim for a long drop down list...

cheers, a

Check this out Steve:

http://productforums.google.com/forum/#!searchin/chrome/drop$20down$20windows/chrome/f-R4kEhlfuk/rlbQTJkKHWgJ

Well crap, it won't post as a link so copy the above and paste in your browser wndow.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back