• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Good starter birding app (1 Viewer)

brendanxx

Hi,
I'm just starting birding and would like a good app for my ipad which will easily help me to identify birds and their songs - any suggestions please?

Another vote for the Collins field guide app. The big advantage of this over the paper version is that you get calls and songs (although care should be taken if used in the field - using recorded calls to attract birds is frowned upon and in some cases is actually illegal). Also you can select various species onto a comparison page which can also be a useful tool

Plus it weighs a lot less!

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back