• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

ST Vista 30x95 Spotting Scope (1 Viewer)

One of these was stolen, probably to get the coins inside, maybe $500?
The Swarovski is probably more vulnerable.

B.

Last summer I was at the Hainich nature reserve in Germany and to my pleasant surprise they had a fixed lens Meopta S2 spotting scope on the highest point of their tree-top trail, instead of the usual disappointing fixed scopes or binoculars. The lenses were a bit dirty, but otherwise the S2 was in good shape. I had to keep myself from cleaning it :)

George

35 meters /1000 meters at a magnification of 30 x ??

This is the data of the zoom eyepiece!

For a fixed lens i would await at least 50 meters.

A customer ordered one for his mansion in Sardinië and I had a quick look through it before shipping it.
I couldn't resist after that and bought one for myself/shop.
What a view!
Compared to the ATX95 on 30x, the Vista is brighter/sharper and shows more contrast.
The built quality is superb and it is built to last, which I may hope for 3x the value of a ATX95 (with zoom).

If the money is not an issue, this optical device beats the S##T out of any other optical device I have looked through so far.

The only downside I can find is the fact that Swarovski does not supply a tripod for this beast. It has to be built on demand by a third party. The solution I found was to mount 20cm diameter aluminium disc of 4cm thickness on a heavy wooden Berlebach tripod and drilled holes in the disc to support the three bolts of the Vista mount.

Jan

Last edited:
An image of the Vista from Jan’s website at: https://www.houseofoutdoor.com/verrekijkers/

Along with one showing the Swarovski binocular display, and another showing a general view of part of Jan’s 'Optical Wonderland'

And if you look around the site, you’ll find lots more interesting images - it would be a great pleasure to visit!
(I'm particularly taken by the large number of cut away binoculars and telescopes on display)

John

Attachments

• Swarovski Vista.jpg
    Swarovski Vista.jpg
    289.6 KB · Views: 131
  • Swarovski Binoculars.jpg
    Swarovski Binoculars.jpg
    823.9 KB · Views: 138
  • General View.jpg
    General View.jpg
    913 KB · Views: 130
OMG, Jan, impressive!!, you have probably almost as many binoculars as I do (have you ever counted?), but you have more space, so yours are much more nicely lined up than mine :t:

OMG, Jan, impressive!!, you have probably almost as many binoculars as I do (have you ever counted?), but you have more space, so yours are much more nicely lined up than mine :t:

Hi Canip,

The volume depends on the brands that comes and go;).
The regular stock is round 600.
You're a collector (as I am) or also a trader (like I am. From the second comes the first)?

Jan

Ah, you clearly „beat“ me then ;), you have almost twice as many :-C
But I only collect and don‘t trade.

Great store - when I come to the NL (no, not the new NL from Austria ;)), I will have to see it with my own eyes.

For orders online, can I see on your website what is on stock at what isn‘t?

Canip

Ah, you clearly „beat“ me then ;), you have almost twice as many :-C
But I only collect and don‘t trade.

Great store - when I come to the NL (no, not the new NL from Austria ;)), I will have to see it with my own eyes.

For orders online, can I see on your website what is on stock at what isn‘t?

Canip

Just use the [email protected] and I'll answer all your questions.

Jan

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back