• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Ivory Billed Woodpecker and hello (1 Viewer)

Grunt

:flyaway:
I won't stay here long. I'd like to give every one a big howdy from Texas.
Now on to why I came and am here. I am researching the Ivory Billed Woodpecker becuase I have one, possibly two in my back yard and ran accross this sight. While the general attitude here seems that anyone seeing one is on drugs, I am disabeled and spend both a lot of time at home and out on the back porch towards the woods.
Yeah, I got pictures, not very good ones, but pictures just the same. Hard for a gimp to snoop and poop! Some one with an education, knows who the last four presidents are and can convince me they aren't full of it....I will not only tell you where, but let you use my patio to sit and wait....

Semper Fi
Mike

Hi Mike
Would it be possible to post some of the pics on the site here. Just click reply and scroll down to where it says 'manage attachments'. Of course, everyone is very sceptical about new reports as there have been so many recently, but the recent sightings have certainly shown that anything is possible. I'm sure that we all look forward to seeing your photos.

Tom

Hello Grunt and a warm welcome to you from those of us on staff here at BirdForum :t:

We have a couple of extremely active threads going on dealing with the Ivory-billed and we would love to see your photos.

Howdy, Mike,

From all the BirdForum Moderators and Administration, Welcome!

We are glad to have you join us in our appreciation of nature, especially wild birds.

We hope you find this site enjoyable and rewarding.

If you click on "Search" on the home page of BirdForum, then click "Advanced" you can type in "Ivory-billed Woodpecker" (click "search threads titles", if you click "search all posts you might be overwhelmed). Then click the begin search. You will find a lot of people on both sides of this issue. It may make for some interesting reading.

If possible we would like to see your photos.

Hey there Mike, from another Texan (although still newly adopted) ;-) If you've got Ivory Bills, now I'm even happier to live in this state! Pics?

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back