• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Okinawa-Amami (1 Viewer)

lewis20126

Hi,

Anyone know if its possible to fly/boat directly from Okinawa to Amami without having to (fly) via Kyushu? If so any contact details, English web-site details would be much appreciated. Any on-line system for booking even the non-direct route would be welcome.

Thanks, Alan

Hi Alan,

From trip reports I've read it appears possible to get between Okinawa and the Amami Islands direct by boat or plane. But that's as much as I know. Though I did find this on Google that might help www3.pref.kagoshima.jp/foreign/english/profile/gaiyou/kouro.html and this: www.verysmallarray.com/?p=131

John

Last edited:
john

Thanks, difficult to get the timetables online it seems - I may give them a call and will post my findings;

Alan

Tim

Cheers - seen too many of Pete's Japan pix! - he's says the Woodcock and rail haven't got long left (mongoose predation) hence the reprioritized side trip to S japan!

John

Thanks, I'm guessing this is for 2007; looks like you can go every 4-5th day in either direction so not too bad if you can time your visit to coincide with the best sailing. An overnight ferry from Naze-Naha to not too much chance of any seabirds.

Alan

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back