• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Upton Warren (38 Viewers)

More of a Stranglers fan myself John, although I have got Into the Valley by Skids on 7 inch vinyl - that's not a CD kids nor none of that MP3 compressed music rubbish ;)
Anyways, distinct lack of 'tog' action on the forum tonight - I'm guessing cause the light was so rubbish - but hey that don't stop me!
Here's a few from this morning - the Roe Deer were taken at 6.30 this morning in near dark at 20,000 ISO, but that's how I saw em:t:

Attachments

• Deer.jpg
    Deer.jpg
    261.7 KB · Views: 104
  • Oyc.jpg
    Oyc.jpg
    270 KB · Views: 87
  • OycChicks.jpg
    OycChicks.jpg
    262.6 KB · Views: 78
  • Robin.jpg
    Robin.jpg
    263.4 KB · Views: 68
  • Swals.jpg
    Swals.jpg
    268.1 KB · Views: 78
Anyways, distinct lack of 'tog' action on the forum tonight - I'm guessing cause the light was so rubbish - but hey that don't stop me!

Do I detect a hint of a challenge there Gert? ;)
A couple from me. Didn't get many today, not because of the light more to do with being busy not being Patsy Kensit! 8-P
123 from Friday. 4 & 5 today
1. Reed Warbler
2. Moorhen Chick
3. Common Terns-trying to take over the nest that the BH gulls had taken over from the Coot that built it!
4.Little & Large aka Ringed & little Ringed Plovers
5. Yellow Wagtail

Attachments

• _ROB5877 - Version 2.jpg
    _ROB5877 - Version 2.jpg
    59.8 KB · Views: 97
  • _ROB5918 - Version 2.jpg
    _ROB5918 - Version 2.jpg
    132.3 KB · Views: 53
  • _ROB6003 - Version 2.jpg
    _ROB6003 - Version 2.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 71
  • _ROB6073 - Version 2.jpg
    _ROB6073 - Version 2.jpg
    103.2 KB · Views: 82
  • _ROB6096 - Version 2.jpg
    _ROB6096 - Version 2.jpg
    107.9 KB · Views: 88
More of a Stranglers fan myself John, although I have got Into the Valley by Skids on 7 inch vinyl - that's not a CD kids nor none of that MP3 compressed music rubbish ;)
Here's a few from this morning - the Roe Deer were taken at 6.30 this morning in near dark at 20,000 ISO, but that's how I saw em:t:

Nice work from the ISO Meister! :t:

Especially the Road Deer. :-O

great stuff mate were the deer on the causeway and you at the car park end or was it the other end?

Do I detect a hint of a challenge there Gert? ;)
A couple from me. Didn't get many today, not because of the light more to do with being busy not being Patsy Kensit! 8-P
123 from Friday. 4 & 5 today
1. Reed Warbler
2. Moorhen Chick
3. Common Terns-trying to take over the nest that the BH gulls had taken over from the Coot that built it!
4.Little & Large aka Ringed & little Ringed Plovers
5. Yellow Wagtail

Nice rob
No 4 so you think your big enough then - caption.
when was the yellow wagtail.
B :)John

Just having a look at mine now. Was too busy watching cricket highlights and then Chelsea winning the CL last night to get round to it...

Was a good day yesterday - amusing!

Last edited:
Here are a selection of shots from yesterday's Refrigerator Watch ;)

Little gull, not being chased for a change. A shot showing why perhaps avocets aren't taken by predators, as it blends in against a cow in the distance! 3:)

And the two plovers, about to have a go at each other.

Attachments

• IMG_3275.jpg
    IMG_3275.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 66
  • IMG_3318.jpg
    IMG_3318.jpg
    73.1 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_3345.jpg
    IMG_3345.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 81
And a further 3 from the day...

Another shot of the water ruined by a blurred swift ;)

The two plovers about to go off on one. Like how the LRP has found slightly higher ground to allow it to go face-to-face.

And a record shot of the yellow waggy, seen later in the day.

Attachments

• IMG_3351.jpg
    IMG_3351.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 78
  • IMG_3367.jpg
    IMG_3367.jpg
    165.2 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_3385.jpg
    IMG_3385.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 86
GREAT PHOTOS & GREAT SOUNDTRACKS OF THE 70s

Love the comparison shots of the Ringy & LRP - I assume this was taken from the lower Flashes hide? Despite the criticism the hide has received, we have some truly great picture, with features like leg-colour, perspective and size-comparison showing really well

Back to the music - I recall vividly "doing the kick" at a school disco to the Skids seminal, Into the Valley - 1978/1979, with an older brother taking me to gigs was a musical extravaganza - Undertones, SLF, Ramones, Siouxsie, The Tubes, The Damned.........Kids today have no idea.......might have to dig out my tartan bum-flap!

And a further 3 from the day...

Another shot of the water ruined by a blurred swift ;)

The two plovers about to go off on one. Like how the LRP has found slightly higher ground to allow it to go face-to-face.

And a record shot of the yellow waggy, seen later in the day.

Very smart work from my fellow Eskimo & divulger of interesting facts. :t:

Is it me or is the water in the Swift shot just a touch out of focus? 8-P

A good day!

For info: I opened the large windows yesterday to give everyone clear views & as we were closing them the metal arm to the right hand catch on the left hand window snapped in half. So that window only has one working catch & I have to wonder about the integrity of the catch on the other one. Windows resealed.
Wardens please be aware!

Rob

GREAT PHOTOS & GREAT SOUNDTRACKS OF THE 70s

Love the comparison shots of the Ringy & LRP - I assume this was taken from the lower Flashes hide? Despite the criticism the hide has received, we have some truly great picture, with features like leg-colour, perspective and size-comparison showing really well

Back to the music - I recall vividly "doing the kick" at a school disco to the Skids seminal, Into the Valley - 1978/1979, with an older brother taking me to gigs was a musical extravaganza - Undertones, SLF, Ramones, Siouxsie, The Tubes, The Damned.........Kids today have no idea.......might have to dig out my tartan bum-flap![/QUOTE] where did you lose it ? was it when you took it up the Elan8-P
stiff little fingers (SLF)...saw them in Falmouth after twitching the first Forsters tern back in the early 80's. :t:

For info: I opened the large windows yesterday to give everyone clear views & as we were closing them the metal arm to the right hand catch on the left hand window snapped in half. So that window only has one working catch & I have to wonder about the integrity of the catch on the other one. Windows resealed.
Wardens please be aware!

Rob
Nice one Rob
I dread to think of the consequences if the fail safe lock on the left side was not activated.:eek!: Thus justification in keeping the large windows screwed down. Please note these windows are only opened when a warden is on site.:t:
These two windows are due to be replaces after the breeding season.

Pete just to try & help you out this is how it's done properly with Swift shots. Note how the water is sharp & there is no blurring on the Swift at all! :-O:-O:-O:-O

Attachments

• _ROB4944.jpg
    _ROB4944.jpg
    88.9 KB · Views: 79
Despite the criticism the hide has received, we have some truly great picture

Yep the Dungeon lends itself very well to good bird level togging! I'm looking forward to the time when all the tower hides become double decker!

As to the musical nostalgia I'm only sorry that I'm too young to remember it! 8-P

Users who are viewing this thread

Back