Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Best time in Spring to Bird Mobile?

Old Wednesday 13th January 2010, 04:03   #1
Josef

Best time in Spring to Bird Mobile?

Hi, I'm planning to visit a cousin in Mobile and my choices are limitted to either March or April. Any suggestions as to when would be best? Also locations around Mobile. I digiscope and would like to make the most out of the trip so any help would be appreciated.

Joe
Old Tuesday 19th January 2010, 14:07   #2
MoonDog50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Josef View Post
Hi, I'm planning to visit a cousin in Mobile and my choices are limitted to either March or April. Any suggestions as to when would be best? Also locations around Mobile. I digiscope and would like to make the most out of the trip so any help would be appreciated.

Joe
Joe - Maybe this will help your decision on when to travel. Fort Morgan and Fort Gaines (Dauphin Island) are connected by a ferry - some of the best birding anywhere in the US. These the 1st available stops for spring migration and dense fall-outs are common. The place will be packed with fellow birders from across the nation.

Spring Bird Banding

March 27 - April 8 2010
Annual Spring bird banding Session at Fort Morgan from pre-dawn until mid afternoon every day. This is open to the public.
Contact Bob or Martha Sargent at 205-681-2888 or [email protected] for more information about the bird study.
Old Monday 25th January 2010, 04:56   #3
Josef

Thanks for the excellent tip MoonDog. I'm looking forward to these events.

Joe
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: