• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

March Butterflies (1 Viewer)

dantheman

Bah humbug
Small Tortoiseshell in Falmouth today - probably not that unexpected, although numbers last year seemed up, which was a good thing.

(Dreamed of a Red Admiral 2 or 3 nights ago, although that obviously doesn't count)

Small Tortoiseshell in Falmouth today - probably not that unexpected, although numbers last year seemed up, which was a good thing.

(Dreamed of a Red Admiral 2 or 3 nights ago, although that obviously doesn't count)

Two Speckled Woods chasing each other in garden yesterday (Devon).

That seems pretty early- especially as the weather's been quite chilly recently. Sometimes see my first by end of March, but usually April.

Sorry! Meant to type Small Torts. B :)

(I actually typed Speckled Wood again in the above sentence. Odd.)

Three today attracted to daffs and crocuses with a male following a departing female. Lots of flies about too.

Both Small Tortoiseshell and Red Admiral chasing each other on the cliffs while looking at the King Eider on Wednesday.

Ditto - a Brimstone fluttered around the back garden whilst I was playing with the dogs. Spring has sprung!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back