• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swan Killers Arrested. (1 Viewer)

BazR

bazr
Hi All.
A report in this weeks Doncaster Free Press ( which isn't ), told of two youths aged 17 and 18 appearing before the local court charged with shooting two Swans. They are to return for sentencing after being bailed pending reports on them. It should be a post-mortem. If I get the result I'll let you know.

All the best.
Baz.

Hi Baz,

Thanks for the info. I hope that they don't just let off with a smacked wrist, we can't 'make the punishment fit the crime' but surely we can make things just a tad unpleasant for them.

Bill.

Hi Baz & Bill,
Grrrr.........I know what I'd like to do with 'em..............
We can hope Bill, but in todays climate of 'pussyfooting' round the criminals, I doubt they'll get much punishment!! The sentences these days are far too lenient in my opinion.
All the Best Both,

Hi Baz, Bill and Judo,
Personally, I'd stand them up against a wall and give them some buckshot to their rear ends...see how they like it. Let us know the result if you can Baz, but I'm willing to bet now that they'll only get a couple of hours of community service!

Best wishes

Hi Baz,
It seems to me that there are a lot of magistrates, that still have'nt grasped how serious a crime this is , lets hope the one trying these yobs has a more enlightened approach, and that they get their just deserts.
George

Hi Baz and All. Illegally killing wildlife they deserve all they get. Makes me wonder what is in their cruel little minds. I also wonder what is in the minds of people who take pleasure shooting wildlife legally.
Roy

Hi Baz & All,
Honestly, I just don't get it.
Some people seem to be cruel beyond belief.
I wish there were tougher punishments for these people, this is very sad.

No doubt they will be told off and let go because they had deprived childhoods or some such nonsense. Do keep us up to date, please, Baz.

I've a 18 year old son who I know wouldn't dream of doing anything like this......the parents should be punished too!!!!
But in this country.....no they'll just get a slapped wrist....we're too bl**dy soft!!!! :C :C

The magistrates have to follow guidelines. Half the time they would like to dish out harsher penalties but can't. Please don't knock all teenagers as 90% of them are decent lads given a bad name by the 10% of A!!!Holes.

What about tying their hands behind them and making them pass slowly and close to a swans nest and let the swans decide?

maurice

Hi Jim.
With respect. I can't see that anyone is blaming all teenagers. I think we are all well aware that the majority are good kids, and that it is the evil minority that are the ones worthy of our scorn.

All the best.
Baz.

I agree Baz but, when the bad guys are caught they should be punished. Confiscate their guns for a start.Maybe they already do that anyway.

maurice

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back