• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Zeiss HD Conquest 8x32 - Inner eyecup diameter (1 Viewer)

Samolot

Hi,

Looking for a pair of binoculars for my family to use. Wanted a pair of 8x32's with the largest inner eyecup diameter to accomodate the most. Can anyone who has this pair do me a favor and measure the inner diameter of the eyecup? Sometimes answers to these questions come faster here than if I were to try and contact Zeiss directly.

Thanks a million

30.8mm relaxed.
33.7mm rubber stretched.
Calipers.
Standard eyecups.

Ruler.
Completely relaxed.
Left 29.2mm
Right 29.4mm

Ruler.
3rd try.
29.6mm left and right.
Standard rulers are not very accurate.

So calipers difficult with squishy rubber.

I would say, 29.5mm as best estimate completely relaxed rubber.
Inner eyecups diameter.

Last edited:
Can anyone provide the outer diameter of the Conquest HD 8x32 eyecups please? And if at all possible for the FL T* 8x32s as well?

Much obliged.

How reliable are the conquest eyecups? I see mention of them becoming jamming and needing servicing which appears can take along time. Maybe only an occasional issue, would welcome some experiences.

Peter

How reliable are the conquest eyecups? I see mention of them becoming jamming and needing servicing which appears can take along time. Maybe only an occasional issue, would welcome some experiences.

Peter
Mine have worked for many years. Don't really like them, but they work.
It's a fairly robust piece of kit, very much my favourite until I got a Habicht.
Per

Peter
Never had a problem with mine.

Hi,

Looking for a pair of binoculars for my family to use. Wanted a pair of 8x32's with the largest inner eyecup diameter to accomodate the most. Can anyone who has this pair do me a favor and measure the inner diameter of the eyecup? Sometimes answers to these questions come faster here than if I were to try and contact Zeiss directly.

Thanks a million
I love love love my 8x32 Conquests. GREAT family bino. They will fit just about anyone.

Peter
I think the eyecups are just fine. Durable and easy to operate. A bit stiff, but they stay put, where you put them! No complaints from my extensive field usage.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back