• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Looking for a nice bag (1 Viewer)

TomK85

Looking for a nice case

Bought a NOS Ultravid 7x42HD yesterday. In comparion to my Swarovski bag, I am finding the OEM Leica bag a bit flimsy. Looking for a nice bag, I am not ready to fork out another € 300 for the luxury Leica bag, so I was wondering if there are any other options

Thanks!

Last edited:
Bought a NOS Ultravid 7x42HD yesterday. In comparion to my Swarovski bag, I am finding the OEM Leica bag a bit flimsy. Looking for a nice bag, I am not ready to fork out another € 300 for the luxury Leica bag, so I was wondering if there are any other options

Thanks!

You might look for a Billingham bag on eBay. I have one like THIS, but several others are listed at really good prices too. I'm somewhat amazed. Quality stuff!

Ed

Last edited:

Thanks!

Winded, I was sitting in the “pick up” section of Wally World when a pretty little worker came scurrying by. As she passed, she said: “You waiting for a pickup?” I told her I was, but that I thought she was a bit young for me.

If I had no sense of humor, I would have no sense at all. But when I got home to share the humor with my “nice bag” of 40+ years I was reminded that, from time to time, our senses of humor tend to diverge.

That was a week ago. Although vision is returning to my right eye ... the left only allows in a little light! :-C

Bill

Winded, I was sitting in the “pick up” section of Wally World when a pretty little worker came scurrying by. As she passed, she said: “You waiting for a pickup?” I told her I was, but that I thought she was a bit young for me.

If I had no sense of humor, I would have no sense at all. But when I got home to share the humor with my “nice bag” of 40+ years I was reminded that, from time to time, our senses of humor tend to diverge.

That was a week ago. Although vision is returning to my right eye ... the left only allows in a little light! :-C

Bill

I like it Bill, keep it up mate.
Personally I prefer the term "old bag" but it's more likely to incur a penalty than your phrase.

Regarding the Leica case I tend to like them but I do keep my binos in a backpack (inside the case) when not in use.

I like it Bill, keep it up mate.
Personally I prefer the term "old bag" but it's more likely to incur a penalty than your phrase.

Regarding the Leica case I tend to like them but I do keep my binos in a backpack (inside the case) when not in use.

Also what I was planning but still looking for something a bit more sturdy for in my backpack. Looked at the Lowepro Utility bag, but it is a bit too large to put in a backpack. Also considered the Swarovski Field Bag |:x|

Also what I was planning but still looking for something a bit more sturdy for in my backpack. Looked at the Lowepro Utility bag, but it is a bit too large to put in a backpack. Also considered the Swarovski Field Bag |:x|

I can envisage the kind of thing you're after but can't think of a recommendation.
Being familiar with and owning plenty of Lowepro camera bags I can imagine that if they decided to make some for binoculars or even not specifically for but the right dimensions that they'd be great.
Good luck with the search.

I apologize if this seems non-responsive, but have you considered a simple drawstring bag?

When I bought my first Maven binocular it came with a nice double thickness drawstring bag as well as a hard case. Especially in my backpack, I prefer the lighter weight, lesser bulk, and quicker access of the bag. I figure the binocular is already "ruggedized" and has both rain guard and objective caps.

Alan

I apologize if this seems non-responsive, but have you considered a simple drawstring bag?

When I bought my first Maven binocular it came with a nice double thickness drawstring bag as well as a hard case. Especially in my backpack, I prefer the lighter weight, lesser bulk, and quicker access of the bag. I figure the binocular is already "ruggedized" and has both rain guard and objective caps.

Alan

Thanks for your input but looking for a rugged bag as I have lots of stuff in mu bag which can potentially damage my bino. I do like the fact that you can remove your bino quickly this way.

Update! Looked at a lot of cases. Most of them were too wide or deep. Then saw this SH100 that looked to deep but was heavily padded. After removi g the divider it is a very snug fit. Highly recommended. Looks like it was made for an UV 7x42 HD

Attachments

• 57F21342-EEDE-4FA8-991C-8127704F7435.jpeg
    57F21342-EEDE-4FA8-991C-8127704F7435.jpeg
    61.3 KB · Views: 42
  • 0E03A4AD-305A-42C2-912A-66B269B87962.jpeg
    0E03A4AD-305A-42C2-912A-66B269B87962.jpeg
    72 KB · Views: 40
  • 38BE3E00-29A3-4A99-B418-7C2C4B41CE98.jpeg
    38BE3E00-29A3-4A99-B418-7C2C4B41CE98.jpeg
    54.9 KB · Views: 27
If you have two binoculars, I found a really nice way to store them in the same bag. I get a lot of stuff from Peak Design - I recently got their "wash bag" that doubles nicely as a dual binocular bag. Not terribly expensive either. The binoculars are the habicht 8x30 and zeiss 7x42.

Attachments

• IMG_0418.JPG
    IMG_0418.JPG
    94 KB · Views: 22
  • IMG_0419.JPG
    IMG_0419.JPG
    120.2 KB · Views: 30
  • IMG_0420.JPG
    IMG_0420.JPG
    90.4 KB · Views: 25
Update! Looked at a lot of cases. Most of them were too wide or deep. Then saw this SH100 that looked to deep but was heavily padded. After removi g the divider it is a very snug fit. Highly recommended. Looks like it was made for an UV 7x42 HD

Hi Tom,

I was actually eyeing that one off myself after looking at the Lowepro gear again but didn't mention it because the dimensions width wise were quite narrow at 12cm (the internal dimensions I have are 12x7.5x15.3). I would have thought the height might be only just enough at 15.3cm with eye cups extended?
Good news that it fits, any chance of a photo or two with the UV 7x42 inside? I may just get one depending.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back