• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Beretta vest for birding (1 Viewer)

A2GG

Beth
United States
Just want to comment on a wonderful vest I recently purchased and used for the first time today. Years ago I had a Royal Robbins vest I used for a while, but it was a bit much for me with a ton of pockets and d rings and things like that to clip items. I had the men's sizing since I couldn't find a good vest back then for women with good sized pockets. I sold it after using it only a couple times. I didn't feel the vest was flattering; looked like I was on safari and I felt a little self conscious. It was a nicely made vest and I'm not criticizing the vest itself. It just didn't work for me and I didn't really need that much vest (overkill). So I used a shoulder bag for several years to carry my essentials, but recently it just got to be too much on my shoulders and neck along with the weight of my binocular. After searching for some time online, I found this vest by Beretta. I think it's a shooting vest essentially, but I find it's great as a birding vest. It's a women's sized vest and just looks much better (more flattering) than the old men's vest and it's not overdone; don't look like I'm on safari or in the military.

Used it today and really like it. It has 4 pockets on the outside and 2 on the inside. Outside pockets have snaps (no loud velcro). One pocket inside has a zipper and the other has unfortunately a velcro closure (only pocket with the velcro).
Really nice to go without the shoulder bag finally.

It's well made and very lightweight. I got the green color, but they have khaki too. Seems to be true to size. Thankfully it fits nicely and I didn't have to return for a different size. They have this vest in men's too. The women's avocado green is on sale now.

Below is a link to the US site, but there should be an Italian site with all European sizing and hopefully the same vest is available there.

I do not work for beretta or any store. I just want to share and think it's a very nice vest for birders.

https://www.berettausa.com/en-us/women-s-quick-dry-vest-avocado/

Last edited:
I'm looking for the right lightweight vest, something similar. One that will go over whatever the weather demands, and I've got my pockets, two for my hands and four others including one that will take an OS map, no more than that.

I’ve had a Billingham Photo Vest for quite some time. I had to find mine on the auction site for Billingham has not made them in quite a few years. I really like mine and don’t much care if it’s fashionable or not. I find myself wearing it often around town with jeans, chinos, or shorts as well as for birding. If I have any complaint at all is that the thing has too many pockets and crevices! Also runs rather small. Now that I’be lost a few pounds, I’m on
the lookout for smaller size but never any luck. I don’t need the padded recoil shoulders of a shooting vest and the couple of “photo vests” I’ve tried I have returned for being of rather shoddy of construction and material. Guess I keep on looking.

I’ve been doing some online looking into photo vests and came up with something that looks very interesting. The Country Innovations “Raptor Waistcoat”. That’s Britspeak for vest. Expensive but I might give it an order and see. If I do, I’ll report. This is what comes of insomnia and early morning boredom! LOL!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back