• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Price drop on 7D (1 Viewer)

Ragna

Amazon are now doing the 7D for £1047 looks very tempting shame ive just brought a 100 macro lens.

Bought mine over 15 months ago, UK stock from Jessops, £1169 after cash back. Nice to see the prices dropping further. :)

Mine was £1149 (no cash back) from Jessops, back in October. It's always good to see prices drop, although I wish the lens prices would drop as readily as the camera prices... ;)

My wallet now hurts.. and I'm waiting for the postman!
Though I was a bit soon for HDEW Cameras's deal but still a good price (I'll just have to wait a month or two before I can afford lenscoats and stuff ;)).

Now... can someone speed up the postal service?

Those walletectomies are painful but usually worth it if it's something you want. My 7D blew a massive hole in my account in October and my account still hasn't recovered. But I wouldn't be without it.

Note to self - living away from home has its problems ;)
That and Dixons need to sort out their email system - apparently I missed the confirmation phone call yesterday so the order was cancelled, but the email never appeared nor was there any update on their store shop page in my account - - soo its in Amazon's hands now (same price as Dixons currently) and mostly only because they have their fast delivery service for the weekend.
I can't fault Dixons though on the calling front since it is an expensive order and with billing and delivery vastly different addresses I'm glad for their concern - just wish their site told me more info.

I did get the email - at 6pm when all their phone lines close so would have been little use till tomorrow. Oddly their system reported the email sent, so either it was sent after as a matter of course or they have a batch email setup which sends out at the end of the day.

Last edited:
Are these UK stock with UK warranty?

I bought my 7D from HDEW just before Xmas & I both assumed pre-purchase & post-delivey that it would be a grey import - I'd guess originally intended for the US market based on the doc & battery charger plug (with UK adapter supplied). However, for me, the price and what looks like a reasonable 3-year warranty seemed a fair compromise vs a clean UK body with a 1-year warranty.

Apart from that dealing with HDEW was fast, friendly & professional - and more reassuring than using a grey importer based in HK or without an obvious physical UK site. Hope that helps ...

Chris A.

NB. for info, the 400 f5.6 I bought at the same time was also excellent value & looks to have been intended for the Hk or Japanese market based on its' doc!!

One thing that might help, did you know if you have a Nat West advantage gold account you can get an extra year warranty if you buy with your debit or credit card

Covers accidental damage too, can have up to six items and might as well have it if its available, need to register within 90 days of buying it though

One thing that might help, did you know if you have a Nat West advantage gold account you can get an extra year warranty if you buy with your debit or credit card
Hmmm. It might be worth checking that out. I wonder if it includes stuff bought from HK?

Jessops will match any " responsible retailers " price and give you 12 months interest free.

Best/ Mike

just checked with them and 2 'qualifications' are.......
1. must be a high street shop
2. must be within 10 miles of the Jessops store you will collect from.

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back