• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

UK North Yorks today (17-03) (1 Viewer)

Hi, two birds seen today at Thruscross reservoir in North Yorks that I'd appreciate your help with....the first I think is a juvenille Sandmartin? The second may be a Willow Warbler like the earlier photo? Would love to know for sure. Thanks.Is this a Sand Martin.JPG

Is this a Willow Warbler.JPG

Sand Martin for the first, but an adult (too early in the spring for juveniles yet, at least another month yet)

Tough call between Chiffchaff and Willow Warbler for the second, with wingtips hidden and leg colour not obvious!

Many thanks for that - really helpful - I wish I could remember how the song of the warbler/Chaff went :-( but it was very vocal and a lovely call which is what attracted my attention in the first place.

Just found a website where I could compare the song of the Chiff Chaff and the Willow Warbler...it was definitely a Willow Warbler :) Thanks.

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back