• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Info needed for Moab, Utah--Arches NP (1 Viewer)

Where you're going is a very beautiful area and lots of great hiking and sights! When I was there I wasn't looking for birds but I can tell you some birds you can expect to see. The Canyon Wren is there, Red-tailed Hawk, Spotted Towhee, and the Common Nighthawk. I'm sorry I don't know any particular spots but just keep your eyes and ears open and you should have yourself a good birding trip! Happy birding! :flyaway:

The Matheson Preserve in Moab is one of the birdier spots in the area. Well worth an early morning visit. The few riparian areas in Arches itself can be productive, as would be the banks of the Colorado along River Road.

Best of luck.

Steve in Houston

Thanks I will look up the Matheson preserve. I am really looking forward to this trip. I haven't get many western birds on my list yet. I will be visiting the Grand Canyon, Zion National Park, Arches NP and Leadville Colorado and should have time for birding at all these spots.

I am using the park's birding lists and doing a little studying before I leave. Looking forward to the spotted towhees, wrens, finches and warblers.

Buckskin Hawk:

www.birdingonthe.net has access to the Utah birding LISTSERVE. Recent sightings will be listed there, and you can subscribe in order to post an RFI (request for information).

You can likely access Utah trip reports on Blake Maybank's website
<http://www3.ns.sympatico.ca/maybank/main.htm>

Each of those sites has been very helpful in my trip planning over the years.

Steve

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back