• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds in Radnorshire (1 Viewer)

Argon55

There clearly don't appear to be any birds in Radnorshire or Montgomeryshire! How about creating subforums for those two areas?

On Boxing Day, I was driving to the west of Craig Goch reservoir in the Elan Valley when I saw a Rough-legged Buzzard hovering for some time over a ridge. Soon after a second bird appeared. I believe this species is rare for Wales but has anybody else got any info on sightings?

Is it true that on the Elan Valley Res' Dam you can look down the valley to see the resident Red Kites nesting?
I am visiting the area in June, if so I will have to have a look (If they are still nesting)

Only just picked this thread up again. Red Kites are plentiful around the Elan Valley but as I don't live in that area anymore I couldn't tell you whether you can see Kites nesting from any of the dams. However, last December I was driving from Elan to Rhayader and I counted well over 60 kites in the sky. It was the middle of the afternoon so I suppose they were looking forwards to a feed at Gigrin Farm. Hope you managed to go there....its quite a sight.

We need help with the Bird Atlas in Radnorshire. We are in the third (of four) breeding season and there is still a lot to be done. Take a look at http://blx1.bto.org/atlas-results/mapsradn.html for coverage so far.

We need help with casual birdwatching and timed counts. The key 10-km squares that need help with timed counts are SO07 (Davids Well area) and SO16 (Llandegley/Penybont). Take a look at www.birdatlas.net and register to find out more.

With only one year to go there are still many gaps to fill on the species maps. Hope you can help.

Best wishes
Dawn Balmer
Atlas Coordinator

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back