• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Birds to see at Lake Vyrnwy in June. (1 Viewer)

Ash1456

I am visiting Lake Vyrnwy for a week in June and was wondering what I might see. I visited last year and saw birds like Pied Fly' , Nuthatch and Peregrine to name just a few. What sort of birds might I see and has there been any rarities around the lake lately.

From what i hear, it worth getting up onto the moor for the chance of some moorland raptors and Short eared Owls. i've never been to the site so cant really help more.
Could be worth ringing the centre there and asking for some information. Their number is 01691 870278

Yeah I am actually doing some voluntary work for the RSPB at Lake Vyrnwy. I am hoping to visit some of the hides around the Lake, Ill try the Moorlands.
Thanks
Ash

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back