• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Andalucian Delights (1 Viewer)

Rossichalu

Just back from my hols in Spain, spent a couple of days up in the mountains behind Antequera (Malaga).
Whilst there I visited the national park of El Torcal and was simply blown away by the Griffin Vultures. At the visitor centre which is basically at the top of the huge mountain (well compared to Norfolk it seemed huge) you can go on a series of walks. We had hardly got there when a pair of Griffin vultures soared over and they were huge. During our one hour walk I lost count of how many passed over us, it was breath taking. The park itself is just an amazing place to visit and if you want to stay somewhere to base yourself whilst exploring I can thoroughly recommend Vista del Torcal a small b/b ran by a young english couple, Anna and Ben, who were just the most charming people to stay with, lovely accomodation and Ben even got his guitar out and sang to us whilst we enjoyed a fantastic bbq.
Plenty of other birds to see but for me the Griffin Vultures were just awesome!

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back