• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Warranty on older Kowa Spotting Scopes? (1 Viewer)

slingworks

I recently picked up a Kowa Ts-2 that has a bit of fogging/haze on the prisms.
It's in pristine condition otherwise....

I was wondering if anyone knows of the warranty Kowa had on these? I know the newer glass comes with a lifetime warranty. Did the older glass have similar?

I called Kowa the other day and I did ask what it costs to have a spotting scope cleaned. They quoted $85.

I believe the Ts-2 I picked up is from the 1980s.

I was wondering if anyone knows of the warranty Kowa had on these? I know the newer glass comes with a lifetime warranty. Did the older glass have similar?

Hi,

As usual the lifetime warranty from Kowa US is non-transferable and the product has to be registered within 30 days after purchase from an authorized dealer.

Joachim

$85 is a decent price in my opinion. An independent optics repair company (not mentioned on Birdforom), charged me slightly over $100 to clean an old Balscope Sr. The particular scope had sentimental value to me and was well worth the cost. They did an excellent job.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back