• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Considering buying a DSLR (1 Viewer)

Himalaya

I am considering buying a DSLR but do not know which one yet. Most people are suggesting me to buy a Cannon D of sorts - many different numbers suggested. What are the best cameras and best deals? What would you recommend I buy with it.? Budget is maximum £1500 for now. I will consider getting a more expensive lens in the future. What would I use it for?

Main use would be for wildlife, landscapes and photography whilst travelling.

I have used bridge cameras up until now but I feel i am out growing them and I do feel limited by what I can do with them.

I did quite a bit of searching around info etc and plumbed for the Canon D60. The general, most important, bit of advice was to invest money in the lens - I haven't yet (having a cheap 70-300 zoom - which works fine at the moment) but am looking at the 100-400 canon zoom or 400 5.6 - looks like I can get the former at about 700pounds or the latter about 900pounds (so you can see my budget limitations as the new 100-400IS II is about 1700).

The 100-400 would fit the bill from what you have said as it covers a range so that would leave you about 700 to spend on a camera body and bits for extras.

Anyway, just some thoughts really.

I use a Canon 70D with a 70x300 L series lens, it does almost everything I need it to do and use this combination all the time and I think if you look round you will get them for around the £1500 mark.

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back