• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Online camera retailers; any recommendations or caveats? (1 Viewer)

Camerapricebuster is excellent and a site I have used regularly. UK Digital are based in an industrial unit in my home town Clitheroe and regularly come top on CPB, I can certainly vouch for them, I have spent thousands with them over the years and they are always there to help. I have sometimes gone in with price matches and sometimes they have matched and sometimes not. More often than not they are the cheapest or there abouts but you still get the service if you are local.
Usual caveat, no relation just a very happy regular customer with them thats all. Going to pick up a Sony RX100III from them tomorrow to use with my new scope.

I have used Ian Kerso in the past. He trades on e-bay as Kerso or he has his website

http://www.flashcamera.co.uk/

I have found him reliable and quick. That said, not sure if he is a "grey importer" if that bothers you. However, I got proper receipts and warranties. I would certainly continue to use him.

Like Telephoto Paul I have never had any trouble using WEX or Park. Also LCE (London Camera Exchange) mail service is very good as well:t:

Mifsuds in Brixham gets a thumbs up from me.
Great service and a lot of choice.
Ordered a second hand Tamron 150-600mm and was exactly if not better than described.
Very fast delivery and well packaged would recomend

hdew cameras. based in wallington, surrey ( have visited there office/shop ) probably the cheapest in the UK and offer 3 year warranty on all cameras.
products are "grey" but full UK warranty is supplied and very very reliable and friendly.

mpb photographic are reliable and trustworthy too - I've had some really good deals from them and their descriptions of used items are honest.
Also Wex & Park Cameras to endorse some other comments here.

No one has mentioned Clifton Cameras, who have sold me both cameras and bins with no problems in the past. They do have good prices on things from time to time. If you are ever going to Slimbridge they are convenient to drop in, though from Scotland their mail order is good as well.

I invariably go with Wex or Park Cameras. However lately I've been using http://www.camerapricebuster.co.uk to see who's offering the best deal.

I wouldn't take the price of camerapricebuster as gospel,they are currently stating the cheapest price for a Canon 7D2 is £1428 at mifuds (although there is a £250 cash back offer too) and a whole host of others when you can get one with a better warranty from Hdew for £1019.
Hdew sell grey imports but it matters not a damn other than if you try to trade it in with "recognised" UK retailers. You are always going to get a better price selling privately anyway.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back