• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Northumbrian Birding (1 Viewer)

Some late lingering purple sandpipers, a group of 10, on the north breakwater at Amble Harbour yesterday.

Just for once I didn't have to play my usual autumn/winter game of "Let's turn that redshank into a purple sandpiper!", as we only saw a couple of redshanks.

First Cuckoo of the year near the car park at Lordenshaws, Simonside on Sunday. This was my 'Little Bittern alternative' when this bird decided to vanish - I couldn't get up on Saturday.
Druridge Bay on Monday - missed the Wood Sands but caught up with Glossy Ibis, Garganey and some nice Summer plumaged BT Godwits. Budge fields look so good this year - just need the right conditions an anything could turn up.

Hi Derek. From the turning circle at the end of the Druridge Pools road, walk North up the path towards East Chev. They are in the fields on the left.

Amazed to find the Pec Sand still being reported now that I've moved back to Newcastle. Thinking I'll go for it. Is it still frequenting the same fields, north of the turning circle and on the left?

Amazed to find the Pec Sand still being reported now that I've moved back to Newcastle. Thinking I'll go for it. Is it still frequenting the same fields, north of the turning circle and on the left?

It's a different one to the late May bird, found 4 July and still 5 July - not heard if it's still there today or not. From the Budge screen; also a bling- and gps-ridden Blackwit there.
https://twitter.com/ElliottatChev/with_replies scroll through recent posts

everybody is on holiday including the birds -did get our first pinky ( pinkfoot ) of the season at newton. plenty of usual ie turnstones ,dunlin and ringed plovers no sign of the crake though.

oh dear has this thread died a death? seems somewhat quiet in here....

It's been quiet for a couple of years :-C I think more folk use twitter or facebook now :smoke:

I've hardly had any spare time to do any birding for over three years due to extra working hours taking up a lot of time and the remaining spare hours trying to keep on top of the allotment. Made a decision last week though - my working hours are slightly less now (31 instead of 48) and I'm giving up the allotment at the end of the year. I NEED to be out birding and watching wildlife and it's done my head in not having enough hours in the day to do it! Really looking forward to getting back into it properly!

Well done Gill!!! Good for you lass. I'll so look forward to hearing your news again.

It wasn't an easy decision Delia BUT the site has been under development threat for a while (it's owned by the Duke so no doubt the £££ will eventually prove more important than mere gardeners and pigeon racing fanciers) and Neil and I are looking for somewhere new to live which has a garden....where I'll be able to grow a few veg once more. We've been in our damp, cold poky flat for 12 years and it's time to look for something better - possibly even with the luxury which is central heating and a proper bath!!! :-O

Warning! This thread is more than 1 year ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back