• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Looking for camo tape suitable for my lens (1 Viewer)

trev s4000

Hi all,
I am looking for advice please, I have a couple of lens's and a scope that i want to camoflage, can anyone recommend a good tape and where it can be obtained, that wont leave any residue or remove any coating from the lens's if i remove the tape in the future, The lens's i wish to cover are Sigma's a 70- 300 DG and a 135-400 DG APO.
Thanks in advance,
Trev. :t:

Could you write something about what you got?

Thanks,

Andrea

Hi Andrea,

Here is something I used on my Nikon 50ED Fieldscope. McNett camo wrap. Maybe this is what Trev used. I used some of that light wt. shipping wrap under the camo to help protect the spotter.
http://www.birdforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=440190&d=1367241598
http://www.birdforum.net/attachment.php?attachmentid=440189&d=1367241532
My wife has a hair salon if you see what is in the background.;)

Last edited:
I tried that mcnutt stuff a few years back on a tripod and my experience was totally different...I probably got a bad batch

Thanks, Steve. This is sort of what I had in mind (also with a Nikon 50ED).

Andrea

Andrea,

You have some fantastic picutures!!:t:

Manuel,
I remember reading you complaining about the tape, but forget what it was. I never tried this on a tripod, I don't know why it wouldn't stay in place on tripod. If it is called Mcnutt that would not be the same stuff.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back