• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Winterwatch 2019 (1 Viewer)

Euan Buchan

The Edinburgh Birdwatcher
Supporter
Scotland
Looking forward to Winterwatch starting next week. Though I will be over seas in Madeira Portugal so I will not see it but I am taping it.

The schedule for BBC 2 has been changed this evening and at the moment BBC 2 is covering the Brexit votes and is scheduled to finish at 8.00pm. What happens if the vote goes beyond 8.00pm, will it disrupt the Winterwatch episode for Tuesday evening?
Ian.

I still think Winterwatch is better when it goes to the recorded pieces. Quite a bit of forced laughter on tonight's show.

I still think Winterwatch is better when it goes to the recorded pieces. Quite a bit of forced laughter on tonight's show.

Which begs the question "Why Winterwatch?". Four highly paid presenters sitting around a fire in the freezing outdoors, mainly showing film reports. There have been much better natural history programmes about the Cairngorms in winter.

I support "Springwatch" because it is designed to encourage an interest in our native wildlife, on balance it does a decent job, "Autumnwatch" less so. But "Winterwatch adds little to what is already available.

Which begs the question "Why Winterwatch?". Four highly paid presenters sitting around a fire in the freezing outdoors, mainly showing film reports. There have been much better natural history programmes about the Cairngorms in winter.

I support "Springwatch" because it is designed to encourage an interest in our native wildlife, on balance it does a decent job, "Autumnwatch" less so. But "Winterwatch adds little to what is already available.

Well it did record something not previously observed- a woodlouse feeding on a live Winter Moth.

I still enjoyed the show + it does bring native wildlife to the fore in the public consciousness.

I think it's become very 'samey', you can only drag out the same material for so long and I think it's run it's course as far as I'm concerned.

Enjoyed overall especially the section on suicide and the winter moths. Will watch it again and glad that they will stay there a year.

Enjoyed overall especially the section on suicide and the winter moths. Will watch it again and glad that they will stay there a year.

Glad you enjoyed the Bird Therapy piece. I’m so proud of how it came out in the end and it seems to have reached out and resonated with lots of people. Credit to the BBC for airing it to be fair.

It helped me understand why some people commit suicide even when they have children and how they can resent what they have when they feel suicidal because it is the last connection they have with "being alive".

Springwatch in the Cairngorms - not a lot of bird species there that they could put cams on as easily?

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back