• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

La Creuse and Parc Naturel Régional de la Brenne. (1 Viewer)

Leo Tukker

Netherlands
I've been to France last week and stayed in a small village, called Moutier-Malcard in the la Creuse region.

I made a few walks in the area where I saw: Red-backed Shrike, Grey Wagtail, Pied Wagtail, Common Kestrel, Magpie, Great Tit, Melodious Warbler (a lifer), Collared Dove, and Chaffinch.

I also saw several Roe Deer.

I visited an area near the village of Lussat, called "Etang des Landes", where I saw my first lifer, Black Kite. There were also a lot of Herons and ducks.

I visited the Parc Naturel Régional de la Brenne also. I've been there four hours and saw:

Great Crested Grebe, Little Grebe, Great Cormorant, Night Heron (a lifer), Cattle egret, Squacco Heron, Little Egret, Great White Egret, Grey Heron, Purple Heron, Mute Swan, Mallard, Northern Shoveler, Common Pochard, Black Kite, Common Buzzard, Moorhen, Common Coot, Northern Lapwing, Black-headed Gull, Whiskered Tern, Wood Pigeon, Green Woodpecker, Barn Swallow, Blackbird, Sedge Warbler, Reed Warbler, Blue Tit, Common Starling, Golden Oriole, Eurasian Jay, Carrion Crow, House Sparrow and Greenfinch.

I also saw Wall Lizard, Swamp Turtle and Red Deer.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back