• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Harz (Germany) 11-19 July 2012 (1 Viewer)

Leo Tukker

Netherlands
I went with my wife, daughter and one of her girlfriends to the Harz in Germany. We stayed at Hasseröder Ferienpark in Wernigerode. Although it wasn't a holiday for birdwatching, I tried to go out in the woods every day to watch some birds.

We visited the beautiful old cities of Wernigerode and Goslar and walked in the valleys of the river Ilse and Bode. I walked the Bodetal from Streseburg to Thale and back and it was stunning.

Before driving back to Holland, we visited Valwig in the Mosel region, because our daughter and her girlfriend were going to stay another ten days with the parents of this friend. I wanted to walk in the mountains behind Valwig to see the Rock Bunting (a lifer) and I saw it very good.

Birds I saw: Great Cormorant, Grey Heron, Mute Swan, Mallard, Red Kite, Black Kite, Common Buzzard, Eurasian Sparrowhawk, Common Kestrel, Common Sandpiper,Wood Pigeon, Common Swift, Grey-headed Woodpecker, Great Spotted Woodpecker, Middle Spotted Woodpecker, House Martin, Pied Wagtail, Wren, Dipper, Common Redstart, Black Redstart, Song Thrush, Mistle Thrush, Fieldfare, Blackbird, Blackcap, Wood Warbler, Chiffchaff, Great Tit, Blue Tit, Marsh Tit, Wood Nuthatch, Short-toed Treecreeper, Magpie, Eurasian Jay, Nutcracker, Carrion Crow, House Sparrow, Goldfinch, European Greenfinch, Hawfinch, Rock Bunting.

I also saw: Red Squirrel and Fire Salamander.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back