• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Uk400club 'list Of Lists' Etc Etc (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi there,

I was fortunate enough to bump into UK400Club President, Lee Evans this afternoon when he wandered into Surrey to see the Shorelark at Walton-on-Thames.

Apparently, my name has been removed from the UK400Club list of lists. Bizarrely, Lee informed me that my entry had been removed a long time ago when the, quote, 'UK400Club Committee' decided that they didn't want me on the list any more. That'll do me.

For those who suggested one would need to 'sell your house' to get this result, it took just one postage stamp. It just annoys me that a simple 'please remove my entry from your list' was not enough, and that Lee despicably resorted to personal slur rather than address a simple matter in a helpful way. That certainly wasn't the way forward.

Birding wouldn't be the same without Lee and other similar characters, they give us a laugh and will always be the butt of many a joke and sometimes derision. They largely invite this by their actions. Of course, there are some characters we laugh 'at' rather than 'with' and I, personally, have no problem if Lee wants to call himself 'The George Michael of birding', or 'The policeman of birding', as long as I am not in any way included in this UK400Club nonsense and he doesn't start to actually believe that he is my (or anyone's) self appointed 'judge, jury and executioner' as he likes to style himself.

Good birding

Johnny Allan

Hi there,

I was fortunate enough to bump into UK400Club President, Lee Evans this afternoon when he wandered into Surrey to see the Shorelark at Walton-on-Thames.

Apparently, my name has been removed from the UK400Club list of lists. Bizarrely, Lee informed me that my entry had been removed a long time ago when the, quote, 'UK400Club Committee' decided that they didn't want me on the list any more. That'll do me.

For those who suggested one would need to 'sell your house' to get this result, it took just one postage stamp. It just annoys me that a simple 'please remove my entry from your list' was not enough, and that Lee despicably resorted to personal slur rather than address a simple matter in a helpful way. That certainly wasn't the way forward.

Birding wouldn't be the same without Lee and other similar characters, they give us a laugh and will always be the butt of many a joke and sometimes derision. They largely invite this by their actions. Of course, there are some characters we laugh 'at' rather than 'with' and I, personally, have no problem if Lee wants to call himself 'The George Michael of birding', or 'The policeman of birding', as long as I am not in any way included in this UK400Club nonsense and he doesn't start to actually believe that he is my (or anyone's) self appointed 'judge, jury and executioner' as he likes to style himself.

Good birding

Johnny Allan

Very entertaining read,all from the man (LGRE)who publicly stated that he`d be moving to Spain this year & that last year(2010) would would be his last year of year listing.B :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back