• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden List 2011 (1 Viewer)

Hi, just joined today and am poking about. This appears to be mainly a European thread. I assume a "garden list" is what you find around your house and property. I've been keeping one for my property for 16 years now. So far this year I have 75 species, 120 for the full 16 years. I count them if I can see them or hear them from my property. Happy New Year!

87) Common Redpoll A small flock of Redpoll dropped in and were feeding on the Silver Birch catkins so I had a nice chance to study them and pretty sure there was a common among the lessers........feel chuffed with this! I don't think I'll get any more for the year but I'm pretty happy with 87 in 2011 and 107 for the all time garden list.

Happy Birding for 2012 to all you garden listers!

Woodsfarer: We count all birds seen and heard in and from our gardens.

Last edited:
Added grey plover, dunlin, red kite, snow and greylag goose to the (my mates) house list today. Any one else running a some-one else's house list?

I've also got in Gwent on my dad's house list Honey Buzzard and my sisters (old) house list- Black Kite

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back