• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Garden / Yard List 2015 (1 Viewer)

Sun out, finished work for the year, but not expecting anything for the year as away for christmas anyway, but nice to hear a Blackcap subsinging away.

Had a Treecreeper on the housing estate we lived in briefly in Swanley, Kent once - but it was actually on the side of one of the houses (well the ivy/climbing plant growing up it), which was a bit of a surprise.

Sun out, finished work for the year, but not expecting anything for the year as away for christmas anyway, but nice to hear a Blackcap subsinging away.

I'm still hoping for that elusive 100th species for the garden in 2015 - to give you an idea of my desperation I've cut down the reeds around our little pond to give an easier landing for the Swiss Pacific Diver should it pass this way. ;) A Lesser Redpoll was an unexpected visitor to the garden today, they usually just fly over.

I'm still hoping for that elusive 100th species for the garden in 2015 - to give you an idea of my desperation I've cut down the reeds around our little pond to give an easier landing for the Swiss Pacific Diver should it pass this way. ;) A Lesser Redpoll was an unexpected visitor to the garden today, they usually just fly over.

Swiss Pacific Diver 3:) ...... or not, I am very impressed by your 99 garden species in an inland garden! :t:

The tits are eating all day I filled up the feeders to the top at 8am this morning ! Sorry of the poor quality of photo.

Attachments

• 26 december 2015 008.JPG
    26 december 2015 008.JPG
    340.2 KB · Views: 121
Same here Brenda, despite the warm weather they're feeding as they would in minus 10° and snow, the days are short though and the birds seem to be concentrating on garden feeders as 'easy pickings', the nearby forest seemed deserted bird-wise on our latest walk.

Still no number 100 for the year :C

At almost the last day of the year I can add another bird.

48 Goldfinch.

First time seen one in the garden this year and looks its enjoying the food
here! Used to see two every day for about six months of the year.

Last edited:
Given I am rather many kilometers from my feeders, I guess it safe to sign off for this year ...129 over and out, a good total overall, but seven down on last year.

A surprise seen a tawny owl today flew right by me at the side of the house.

number 49! Tawny Owl

Anything is still possible you have two days left !

Year goes to final, and I'm still two behind from the previous year.
It is very unlikely that I would see the garden a new species today. I'm not even sure I have time to get home before sunset. Unless some owl surprise me at dawn... (o)<

So the Chiffchaff I've seen at the beginning of October was the last garden tick at this year; #53.

Winter came really late this year. That couple of millimeter layer of white thing you can't really call snow, but at least it is few minus degrees. This weekend it may snowing. In this case, some of the birds whom still lurking in forests may come to the feeding. - It's good to live in hope (said the tapeworm).

Happy new year for all you gardentickers! And tomorrow this show starts again. :t:

Year goes to final, and I'm still two behind from the previous year.
It is very unlikely that I would see the garden a new species today. I'm not even sure I have time to get home before sunset. Unless some owl surprise me at dawn... (o)<

So the Chiffchaff I've seen at the beginning of October was the last garden tick at this year; #53.

Winter came really late this year. That couple of millimeter layer of white thing you can't really call snow, but at least it is few minus degrees. This weekend it may snowing. In this case, some of the birds whom still lurking in forests may come to the feeding. - It's good to live in hope (said the tapeworm).

Happy new year for all you gardentickers! And tomorrow this show starts again. :t:

And a Bird-filled 2016 to you too Wari,and all the Garden/Yard listers around the world.
I spent most of this last day of the year willing that 100th species to turn up, but as Lemmy said in the song:'you win some,lose some it's all the same to me, the pleasure is to play' , and it's been a great year for the garden list, with 7 new species, taking the Garden life list to 119. The
highlight has to be the cooperative Jack Snipe in March, for the statistically-minded among you, the year's total is c83% of the overall garden list, same % as last year.

Let battle recommence :t:

It seems most of us are down on last year's totals - I blame the Government.

Yesterday I thought I heard a Yellowhammer - but without a sighting I put it down to something doing an immitation of one.

Tomorrow it all begins again!

All the best for the New Year everyone.

H

77 for me this year (81 last year) in the garden. This is my favourite BF thread. :t: I don't post much elsewhere on BF but that doesn't mean I've stopped birding....maybe just grown up a bit and don't feel the need to post everything I see. I've had a good birding year, two trips within Europe and my stint as the Sussex Bird Report editor is coming to a close. You people on this thread have become friends :gh:; we're all privileged to live in places close to good habitat which is what makes our gardens good :king:. Happy New Year to all the garden listers on this thread! :bounce: B :)

Warning! This thread is more than 8 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back