• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hello, again, from AZ (1 Viewer)

00derek

I'm Derek. I live in Mesa, AZ, but am originally from Scotland. We moved for work 17 years ago.

I'm also a photography enthusiast and I've joined the forum to get some recommendations for hummingbird feeders - hummingbirds visit suburban gardens all year in AZ and they are very photogenic, but they move fast so you've got to be quick. A good feeder helps.

Thanks!

Hello Derek and welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. You can get good feeders most anywhere, try your local Wild Birds Unlimited store. Just don’t get the red stuff they try to sell to mix with water. The dye is bad for the hummers, a simple solution of 1 part sugar and 4 parts water (3 in cold weather - which doesn’t happen a lot in Phoenix) works well. Either boil the water or make it hot enough for the sugar to dissolve.

Hi Derek and a warm welcome from me too.

I'm sure you will enjoy it here. I hope to hear about all the birds you see when out and about and will maybe be lucky enough to see some of your pictures in the Gallery too.

A merry Christmas and happy New Year to you and your family. (Scotland is still much the same LOL)

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back