• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Collared Flycatcher (1 Viewer)

Jamspangle

Up the boro!
Seen this morning at Riet Vell, Ebro Delta. I´m having a good week for lifers (Ortolan Bunting, Whimbrel, Rock Thrush) but this is the pick of the bunch! Not sure quite how rare it is, but i think one individual per year in the region is about average - can anyone give me a definite figure?

oh yeah - sorry about picture quality, but you get the idea.

jamie

Attachments

• collared fly.JPG
    collared fly.JPG
    138.6 KB · Views: 202
How exciting... you can see that collar a mile away!
A species I'd half hoped to see in Cyprus (where they are common migrants) but I went early April and they didn't start appearing that early.

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back