• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Asda bargains! (1 Viewer)

Pam_m

My local Asda are selling there bird foods and feeders at half price. Coconut feeder-50p, 6 pack of fatballs-50p, suet cakes-50p. Suet cakes had sold out at my store. Peanut, nyjer and seed feeders all at 50p. I have to say that the peanut feeder was rather flimsy but if you are not troubled with squirrels they are ideal as an extra nut feeder. I didn't take much notice of the bird seed but no doubt bargain prices again.

make sure you check what's in cheap seed mixes though. sometimes they put dog food and fillers in- and other food that only the pigeons will eat!!!

I had a look at our asda stuff but I wasn't impressed, the feeders didn't even have rigid plastic for the sides, it was flexible stuff, I couldn't see anyway of cleaning out the nest boxes at the end of the season as everything was nailed on. The bird seed was only a £1 a kilo but it was full of bits that sit on the bird table for ages cause nothing likes it. I'd guess that different stores may carry different stock though.

They did have 3 kilos of peanuts for £5 which I though was good value so it is probably worth keeping an eye out for bargains on all the other things.

Mary

My local Asda are selling there bird foods and feeders at half price. Coconut feeder-50p, 6 pack of fatballs-50p, suet cakes-50p. Suet cakes had sold out at my store. Peanut, nyjer and seed feeders all at 50p. I have to say that the peanut feeder was rather flimsy but if you are not troubled with squirrels they are ideal as an extra nut feeder. I didn't take much notice of the bird seed but no doubt bargain prices again.

Went to a large ASDA near me and found a fat ball feeder and bread holder for 25p each!! They also had plastic tube feeders but the plastic made them a little too flimsy so I decided against getting one of those.

CB

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back