Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

complete newbie

Old Sunday 17th February 2019, 08:24   #1
brrttpaul

complete newbie

Hi guys, little bit of background, started off on birds and wildlife then landscapes and astrophotography. My kit is Nikon D500, sigma 300mm 2.8 prime, Nikon 70-200 2.8, Tokina 11-18 2.8. I have always wanted to try properly putting a DSLR on a spotting scope and did have a go a few years back with a celestron ultima 80, I have several places to watch kites, buzzards, owls,jays etc and I am also not that far from the coast (newport wetlands) etc. What realistically should I be looking for to get half decent images ( i totally understand they wont be as good as a good lens) they more for record purposes. I liked the Kowa, being very compact but again know nothing much other than they are expensive, probably looking to spend about 1000 but could go to 1500 if it would be worth the extra cost.
Any advice most welcome
Paul
Advertisement

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: