• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Larva (1 Viewer)

Surreybirder

Ken Noble
Any idea what this hairy guy is? Sorry, the camera seems determined to give it a blue cast - something to do with the macro setting.

Attachments

• IMG_8351 (800).jpg.jpg
    IMG_8351 (800).jpg.jpg
    440.8 KB · Views: 13
Perhaps this helps.
Possibly Ruby Tiger?
Martin

Attachments

• IMG_8351 (800).jpg.jpg
    IMG_8351 (800).jpg.jpg
    465.3 KB · Views: 10
Perhaps this helps.
Possibly Ruby Tiger?
Martin

thanks for the excellent photo editing! You may well be right about the ruby tiger as they are common in my garden. According to Jim Porter's book, it should have a black head whereas this one had more of an orange head. But I don't know how much they vary.
Could it be a muslin moth?
Ken

Last edited:
But I don't know how much they vary.
Could it be a muslin moth?
Ken

Nor me. I guess it could be.
As for the editing. I only do basic stuff using the editing options available by opening the image with Microsoft Office 2010 (colour balance, brightness and contrast, etc.).
Martin

Thanks, Martin. That's a useful tip about editing in Office. It is actually easier than the system I have which I paid for!
Here is another one of the same beast.

Attachments

• poss muslin moth ex IMG_8344 (800).jpg
    poss muslin moth ex IMG_8344 (800).jpg
    391.9 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back