• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Mull accomodation-any suggestions?? (1 Viewer)

David Smith

Warrington Lancs
I thank everyone for the advice re' Mull/Skye/Lewis.
We have decided on a week on Mull (yet to decide further options)
We "THINK" we favour self catering (but open to other suggestions).
We are of a certain age (make that 60+) and want a reasonable standard i.e. our camping day's are well gone.
I have googled till I'm google-eyed:eek!: so would appreciate recommendations from those who have been there.

Thanks in advance.

I find the prices they charge are very off putting.
I could go abroad for two weeks for that kind of money :)
They do look nice.

TBH I was thinking the same thing! We really want to go (and probably will) but it's looking like minimum £500 for the 2 of us......then there are evening meals :eek!:
Still looking!!!

David, the problem with Mull is that it is such a popular destination the best accommodation gets booked a year in advance and, as you've found, is quite pricey.

Look at the Strontian area for accommodation and visit Mull on day trips would be my advice.

D

Two useful sites David:

http://www.mullbirds.com/
Alan writes a Mull Birds update each year which we find very useful. Click on his 'self-catering' link which shows his property plus others on the island.

Look on the website for the Gruline Estate. Garden Cottage is our favourite and we have stayed here 5 times and are hoping it's free again in September this year. But it is very different from Marcus' suggestion, being in the very middle of the estate surrounded by trees but with a view of Loch Ba through the trees.

I'm sure you'll find something to suit you and your pocket.

Sandra

Warning! This thread is more than 13 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back