• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Digiscoping with Sony TG-6 (1 Viewer)

Steve Babbs

Digiscoping with Olympus TG-6 and Nikon 30-60 WA

Hi all

I tried digiscoping with my phone: bought an adaptor completely failed and it's floated around my boot for several months. That is my only experience. But now I have bought an Olympus TG-6, my thoughts are that it would be better anyway. Can someone point me in the direction of an adaptor suitable for this and suitable for this and a Nikon Monarch 30 - 60x WA eyepiece?

Cheers for any advice.

Steve

Last edited:
Hi Steve,
The title of the thread should probably be corrected, refering to Olympus and Nikon instead of Sony.
I probably won’t be able to help you a lot, considering the lack of experience I have with digiscoping (hoping to find some time soon, during hollidays, experimenting with my smartphone and a small Sony RX0, illustrated in another thread on this forum).
There are usually some adapters from the specific scope’s manufacturer as well as third party adapters, like e.g. the Digidapter which gets good reviews, or from Novagrade etc.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back