• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Free Birding Break In DoÑana Competition (1 Viewer)

John Butler

Registered Member
The clickometer on my website now stands at 69,499 clicks. This means that there are now only another 501 clicks required until the magic number of 70,000 is reached and one lucky BF member will win a free birding break in Doñana.

At the current rate of clicks-per-day, I anticipate the figure being reached sometime between the 9th and 11th of this month.

When I started the competition, the IP address and BF name of each entrant was noted on my database. The IP address of every visitor to my site is recorded on my "statistics" page each time they click on to my website and at this critical time I will be paying closer than usual attention to the statistics to ensure that no "unusual" activity occurs from any of the remaining entrants.

If I do find any abnormally repeated visits, which appear to be an attempt to speed up the rate of clicks, I will view this as an attempt by the offender to enhance his/her chance of winning and I will disqualify him/her from the competiion (as per the rules in my original posting).

So far, I have only had to speak to one person about unusual activity, but his three guesses have now been eliminated as the dates he gave have since passed.

I would like to commend everyone else for the fair way in which they have aproached this competition. I hope this continues to the end.

I will announce the winner as soon as I have confirmed the time of the 70,000th click and determined who was the closest person to the actual time.

Good luck to all of those still in with a chance of winning.

Andrew said:
I am playing fair John 'cos I forgot what my guesses were! 3:)

Hi Andrew.

You´re not the only one. lots of people seem to have forgotten where they put the piece of paper with their guesses on.

All will be revealed within a few more days, as there are now only 480 more clicks to go.

Can't your site go 'down' for a week John ;) :flowers:

D

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back