• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Spain Extremadura 24th-31st March 2007 (1 Viewer)

Feathered one

We have just got back from a week in Extremadura, and have written a report with pictures, on one of our web pages.

We have been to Extremadura twice before and loved it. Lots of the moorish tracks to walk, flowers in Spring and of course lots of birds. Both previous visits were "just" holidays for us. Since taking up digiscoping and joining Bird Forum about six months ago, we went this time for a closer look at the birds.

Hope you enjoy our report

Here is the link http://lynandmholidays.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/Extremaduraspringpage1.htm

Malc

Feathered one said:
We have just got back from a week in Extremadura, and have written a report with pictures, on one of our web pages.

We have been to Extremadura twice before and loved it. Lots of the moorish tracks to walk, flowers in Spring and of course lots of birds. Both previous visits were "just" holidays for us. Since taking up digiscoping and joining Bird Forum about six months ago, we went this time for a closer look at the birds.

Here is the link http://lynandmholidays.mysite.wanadoo-members.co.uk/Extremaduraspringpage1.htm

Malc

Great report and photos Malc. You certainly got yourself around in a week and visited some great areas, the rewards are of course some great pics and lots of good memories.

Shame about the camera but it should still be under guarantee.

Best wishes for your next trip.

John

Thanks Malc,

Off to Extremadura myself in about a month - all these good trip reports are making me look forward to it even more!

Hi Malc.

Nice report.

I have just returned (90 minutes ago) from guiding a couple of Canadians on a week tour of Doñana and Extremadura.

We found all of our target birds in Extremadura, including:
Golden, Booted, Short-toed, Bonelli´s and Spanish Imperial Eagles.
Griffon, Black and Egyptian Vultures.
Eagle Owls.
Lesser Kestrel.
Great and Little Bustards (Plenty of each).
Pin-tailed and Black-bellied Sandgrouse (Plenty of each).
Great Spotted and Common Cuckoos.
Stone Curlews.
Alpine Swifts.
Thekla Larks.
Black Storks.
+ lots more

A trip report will be uploaded on my website tomorrow (Sunday) evening for anyone that is interested.

Great report and pictures. A fantastic area and it reminded me of my holiday last March. I seem remember Belen as being pretty narrow without roadworks, but there again so are most Spanish villages.

Extremadura & Doñana

Dear all,

As well as John Butler I have just to return from a new trip with groups this time into Extremadura (1-4 April) and Doñana (4-7 April) and a part of all the species mentioned by John I just to mention the unsual weather we had during the whole week (yesterday in El Rocio only 4ºC at 8:30!!) which made to miss some species present in previous years such as Roller. However, the birding in both region was great as usual and so far, until I finish the corresponding trip report, I hope you find interesting the attached and very recent pics.

Have a very enjoyable trip,

Santiago Villa
www.spainbirds.com

Feathered one said:

Malc

Attachments

• buhoreal.jpg
    buhoreal.jpg
    117 KB · Views: 129
  • cornuda.jpg
    cornuda.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 114
  • ptsand2.jpg
    ptsand2.jpg
    61.7 KB · Views: 122
  • stonecurlew1.jpg
    stonecurlew1.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 125
Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back