• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Swaro CT101 Advice please (1 Viewer)

Good afternoon,

I wonder if somebody could advise me as to whether it is possible to remove the centre column of a CT101 tripod, so that it may be used with a hide clamp?

Many thanks

Couldn't say for definite but it may be possible; why do you want to remove the centre column? Would it not be better just to remove the head and switch it with the one on the hide clamp? Without kowing exactly what you are trying to do, its difficult to say either way.

RB

Ah yes, apologies, its so I could simply remove it and slide it into the clamp, in the same way that friends do with their Manfrottos.

If you have the hide clamp and the tripod, why not just give it a try? I believe that the CT101 is based on one of the Manfrotto models isn't it?

RB

Probably not then but, again, I really can't see why you would want to. Wouldn't it be too long & unmanageable for use in a hide? I would still say that the best option is to put the Swarovski head on the hide clamp - arguably the same effect surely?

RB

Probably not then but, again, I really can't see why you would want to. Wouldn't it be too long & unmanageable for use in a hide? I would still say that the best option is to put the Swarovski head on the hide clamp - arguably the same effect surely?

RB

Thanks, so given that I have a Manfrotto hide clamp, where would I get a column to attach the head to? Would you have any decent suggestions?

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back