• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

How hot is it? (1 Viewer)

KC Foggin

Very, very long time member
Supporter
United States
Well I will tell you that at almost 7 pm it is still 94 degrees F here with a heat index or maybe I should say a misery index of 105.

This poor juive card nestled down on the side of the creek and stayed there with its mouth open for more than 10 minutes. Just trying to cool down.

Attachments

• 072005juviecard1.a.jpg
    072005juviecard1.a.jpg
    161.8 KB · Views: 121
Awwwwww.... poor baby cardinal!
Oddly enough KC, it's been like that here a lot this summer too. Pretty amazing weather for northern Ontario!

KCFoggin said:
Well I will tell you that at almost 7 pm it is still 94 degrees F here with a heat index or maybe I should say a misery index of 105.

This poor juive card nestled down on the side of the creek and stayed there with its mouth open for more than 10 minutes. Just trying to cool down.

I believe the eastern half of NA is under this heat wave. Monday and Tuesday will be our worst with temps near or at 100 or more and a heat index forecasted for around 115. The poor birds. I put the sprinklers on full blast when I got home this evening and I couldn't believe there was a waiting line on the branches of the surrounding trees filled with birds. Even the dragonflies were flying in and out of the water. ;)

Send some of it this way then please. Its only been in the 60s here for the past few days, and raining for most of yesterday until mid-afternoon, and pouring again today. I guess we had our summer last week then. :C

Will you pass your rain on to us next, please Songbird! Blackbirds having trouble finding worms and such like. Their inexperienced young may be struggling. Will the drought affect availability of berries and seed this year? Last years rain gave such a good crop, so perhaps it will be poor this autumn.

Weather? What weather?

Singapore....same today as yesterday, as last week, as last month, etc, etc

approx. 85 - 92 daily 365 days per year....did I mention humidity???

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back