• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

So who is IN and who is OUT? (1 Viewer)

Talon 1

for the Autumn/winter? I am in the S.E of England. I know the swifts will be OUT But who will we see less off in our Gardens and who will we see more of in the cooling period?

Is it more or less the same for all of GB or are there differences in the North/ south devide.

Come on you Garden bird anylists you have it all down on paper so tell 'FREE' what i can see more off in the winter and less of in my new house and area.

Free said:
for the Autumn/winter? I am in the S.E of England. I know the swifts will be OUT But who will we see less off in our Gardens and who will we see more of in the cooling period?

Is it more or less the same for all of GB or are there differences in the North/ south devide.

Come on you Garden bird anylists you have it all down on paper so tell 'FREE' what i can see more off in the winter and less of in my new house and area.

In my garden I expect as Autumn rolls in the Goldfinches and Greenfinches will reduce and the Tits increase. I rarely get Chaffinches in the garden but as the weather gets colder I stand a chance of one or two. Linnets (not that I get many) disappear in the autumn.

I agree about the finches disappearing for a while in the autumn, while they feed in the countryside, but they will be back in the winter, once the food in the countryside is largely eaten. Ditto quite a few other birds as well, such as pigeons.

You might be lucky and get continental redwings and fieldfares in your garden this autumn if you have berry bushes for them to feed on. Look out for them from about early November.

Warning! This thread is more than 19 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back