• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Hawkmoth emergency!!!! (1 Viewer)

hedera-helix59

Hi everyone! I've just joined this great site, obviously to the bird side of it but I'm in need of help right this evening , kinda ridiculous i suppose but I'm hoping someone can help me with this giant hawkmoth caterpillar! I found it in my tiny walled garden charging round the paving all day ...I've an idea it's looking to pupate ...but there's nowhere in my garden suitable an he looks exhausted !! I've put him in a large plastic box with dry leaves an a bit of soil underneath, I've read all i can find online but can't find what to do next ..he carried on going round and round but tonight he stopped on the top of the leaves and seems to have shrunk and isnt moving really ....can anyone help!! Like tell me what to do ...really appreciate it as I don't want him to die ...thanks

Hello headers-helix59 and welcome to the forum on behalf of the staff and moderators. I am going to move your question to the butterfly and moth subforum. I will also sign you up so you get an email whenever someone responds (to this post only). Enjoy the forum.

Hi when I found some elephant mammoths larvae the best advice I found was to put underneath foliage with soil so they could get themselves, hope you found a solution for them

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back