Join for FREE
It only takes a minute!
Zeiss - Always on the lookout for something special – Shop now

Welcome to BirdForum.
BirdForum is the net's largest birding community, dedicated to wild birds and birding, and is absolutely FREE! You are most welcome to register for an account, which allows you to take part in lively discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.

Windows 10 October Update issue

Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old Wednesday 9th January 2019, 06:39   #1
flackbord
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: CA
Posts: 3
Windows 10 October Update issue

My HP laptop is now stuck on login screen and never receive my password. The issues came after the update being installed.

P.S I also heard other kinds of issues, so please put on hold and wait for the new release.
flackbord is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Wednesday 9th January 2019, 22:35   #2
Bird_Bill
Registered User
 
Bird_Bill's Avatar

 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: St.Louis
Posts: 1,795
Yes...most updates from everyone nowadays are little more than spyware.
On Windows 10...if metered data is enabled, virtually all auto-updates are disabled.
Wish that could be done to android, google and verizon
Bird_Bill is offline  
Reply With Quote

BF Supporter 2012 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Thursday 10th January 2019, 18:13   #3
Bird_Bill
Registered User
 
Bird_Bill's Avatar

 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: St.Louis
Posts: 1,795
Hi...I didn't mention it earlier, but there are means available to possibly repair your setup.

This site will walk you through it.
You can ignore the links to Microsoft, and use your command line to get there directly. Of course, you'll need a windows platform to download with, if you decide to try. You'll need a 16gb USB flash memory for the media creation tool. Once downloaded, you would boot off from the USB.

You can ignore the site name on the pics within the link above. those are for rights purposes. If your version and Microsofts version dont match up, the repair will kick you off instead of making things worse. If you're backed up, you stand a good chance of getting it up and running. Read through carefully, and plenty more info can be found by searching.

I did similar, only I replaced my hard disk, with a solid state disk. Wish androids were as straightforward with their updates and problems.
Bird_Bill is offline  
Reply With Quote

BF Supporter 2012 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Friday 11th January 2019, 03:16   #4
flackbord
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: CA
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird_Bill View Post
Hi...I didn't mention it earlier, but there are means available to possibly repair your setup.

This site will walk you through it.
You can ignore the links to Microsoft, and use your command line to get there directly. Of course, you'll need a windows platform to download with, if you decide to try. You'll need a 16gb USB flash memory for the media creation tool. Once downloaded, you would boot off from the USB.

You can ignore the site name on the pics within the link above. those are for rights purposes. If your version and Microsofts version dont match up, the repair will kick you off instead of making things worse. If you're backed up, you stand a good chance of getting it up and running. Read through carefully, and plenty more info can be found by searching.

I did similar, only I replaced my hard disk, with a solid state disk. Wish androids were as straightforward with their updates and problems.
appreciated for the input. I am using the media creation tool but it now stuck at downloading process for several hours
flackbord is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Friday 11th January 2019, 06:00   #5
Bird_Bill
Registered User
 
Bird_Bill's Avatar

 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Location: St.Louis
Posts: 1,795
if nothing happened after 2-3 hours....

Hmm...its reading your hard drive...stuck in an endless loop.
Your install repair tool is not overwriting anything...you're safe
if you can not exit startup, then....Power down....remove battery and mains power
Remove the USB

Get ready to enter ROM BIOS routine
https://itstillworks.com/hp-bios-5924251.html
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00364979
if you have documentation that shipped with your pc, check it also

Do not insert USB at this point
Check your boot order....place the USB port on top...or first....priority
Save and exit ROM BIOS....then...power down...insert USB...power up
it should boot from the USB installer...creation tool

Last edited by Bird_Bill : Friday 11th January 2019 at 06:12.
Bird_Bill is offline  
Reply With Quote

BF Supporter 2012 Support BirdForum With A Donation

Old Tuesday 15th January 2019, 01:21   #6
flackbord
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: CA
Posts: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bird_Bill View Post
if nothing happened after 2-3 hours....

Hmm...its reading your hard drive...stuck in an endless loop.
Your install repair tool is not overwriting anything...you're safe
if you can not exit startup, then....Power down....remove battery and mains power
Remove the USB

Get ready to enter ROM BIOS routine
https://itstillworks.com/hp-bios-5924251.html
https://support.hp.com/us-en/document/c00364979
if you have documentation that shipped with your pc, check it also

Do not insert USB at this point
Check your boot order....place the USB port on top...or first....priority
Save and exit ROM BIOS....then...power down...insert USB...power up
it should boot from the USB installer...creation tool
cool. I will do it and check if this works.

Thanks
flackbord is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Tuesday 15th January 2019, 08:11   #7
Fakery
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: England
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by flackbord View Post
never receive my password
You can also log into your computer without password,have you tried ?
Fakery is offline  
Reply With Quote
Old Wednesday 16th January 2019, 10:58   #8
Fakery
Registered User

 
Join Date: Jan 2019
Location: England
Posts: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakery View Post
You can also log into your computer without password,have you tried ?
Seeing is believing,linked here:
https://cain_abel.en.downloadastro.com/
https://www.mobiledic.com/windows-to...-computer.html
https://www.openwall.com/john/
Fakery is offline  
Reply With Quote
Advertisement
Reply


Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New Windows Update issues delia todd Computers, Birding Software And The Internet 30 Monday 21st May 2018 10:54
Windows update problem Roy C Computers, Birding Software And The Internet 2 Sunday 5th June 2011 19:02
Windows Update Error on Vista JohnnyH Computers, Birding Software And The Internet 1 Thursday 17th December 2009 00:21
Windows Security Update failing to install. Keith Dickinson Computers, Birding Software And The Internet 3 Wednesday 5th September 2007 01:43
Windows Update markho Computers, Birding Software And The Internet 4 Monday 20th November 2006 18:54

{googleads}

Fatbirder's Top 1000 Birding Websites

Help support BirdForum

Page generated in 0.13183403 seconds with 21 queries
All times are GMT. The time now is 21:32.