• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Help choosing a tripod for binoculars (1 Viewer)

What is your budget and your subject for observation...nature, panoramic, astronomy? Will it need to be easily transportable or fixed?

Hi, just wondering if anyone has any recommendations for a decent tripod for a pair of 12x56 binoculars please

If you're not taking photos (especially time-exposure) from the tripod, your need for an expensive super-stable model is probably unnecessary. I have the expensive type, but also a couple of Manfrottos I got from B&H as cheap as $60 USD, and they are good quality with reliable locking legs. Check the reviews, and when the reviews mention stability, esp. in wind or ground shake, refer to the above.

Thanks for your responses. I will be using my binoculars for general bird and wildlife watching in my garden and the occasional star gazing.Not looking to spend no more than £75.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back