• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Microsoft.NET framework (1 Viewer)

socksitis

Oh help!
Think I have done something, upon startup I am getting an error message:
An unhandled exception has occured in your application. If you click continue the application will ignore this error and attempt to continue. If you click quit, the application will be shut down immediately.
The operation completed succesfully.

When I look at further information, there is a long list which starts with:
System.Net.Sockets.Socketexception
The operation completed successfully.

Also I cannot conect to the internet on this poorly computer and cannot get the printer to work, could this all be related?

Need more formation ... :t:

Is this a HP PC and or printer?

Make / model PC will help me.

I take it you are using XP, fully patched?

What version of Internet Explorer are you using?

Have you gone to Windows Update Site using the "custom" button to get all relevant updates ... you will need ALL the .NET updates offered, including service packs.

regards
mucks

Thank you Muckshifter and Mono, this problem is on the desktop pc running windows xp.

have tried the system restore, but no luck. It all works, well sort off, the error message goes when I click continue, but now I cannot log on to the internet, not through AOL or Internet Explorer, I am thinking this is related? Have tried the usual re-booting the modem- it's all wireless - I can log on with the laptop and the other desktop? Have changed the USB thing that is to do with the wireless modem (forgot what it is called) Do you think it could be the USB thing that is causing the no log on? Do get the flashing blue light, perhaps the .NET thing is because I need to visit the Microsft site and update?

oops, sorry, I did read you cannot connect, just never sank in this brain. |^|

Do you think it could be the USB thing that is causing the no log on?
I think you are on about a USB 'dongle' ... now then ... can you use a 'wired' connection to test. Need to eliminate the 'dongle' from the equation. :t:

I will also admit, AOHell, sorry my spelling is bad, it's not what I would call a good ISP ... just my opinion. ;-)

Could you also reprint the full error message?

regards
mucks

So the story so far; I agree about the AO thing!
Have reconnected the wireless USB thingy so I can now log on. I have to now sort out the McAfee trouble, and then I will update the Microsoft things and will let you know if the error message has gone.

I have sorted it!!

I have deleted McAfee and the problem has sorted itself. I was having an error message with McAfee which I could not solve and I had something similar a few months back.
I have installed AVG and can now send stuff to the printer wirelessly again, amazing really. I am chuffed to bits!
Computer is back to it's oldself, no error messages at all.

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back