• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

Sharpie Pen Strikes Again! (2 Viewers)

Just starting to sift through the weekend's drawings with a view to working some up into watercolours . . . maybe.

Attachments

• DSCN5931 - Copy.JPG
    DSCN5931 - Copy.JPG
    200.1 KB · Views: 102
  • DSCN5932 - Copy.JPG
    DSCN5932 - Copy.JPG
    148 KB · Views: 209
Thank you all very kindly indeed.
I have to confess to finding myself just a tad addicted to this way of reviewing my field drawings.
In the past I agonised over balancing the free and expressive nature of the life work with the consideration and control back in the studio. These ink and watercolour paintings seem to act as an interface twixt the two and, being totally different from each seem to have a direction of their own. . . anyway;
Last one for a while as I have to get some 'work' done - apparently . . .

Attachments

• DSCN5953 - Copy.JPG
    DSCN5953 - Copy.JPG
    180.6 KB · Views: 100
Love the expressiveness of those puffins.......... and the movement! I really hope it's not the last for awhile.

I have nothing to say, you've heard it all before! But if there is artwork out there that really makes me regret living so far from the sea and auk colonies, well done mister - you're the one making it!

Wow, both are excellent! I love the palette used, and the movement in the first one is just outstanding.

I have to confess to finding myself just a tad addicted to this way of reviewing my field drawings.
In the past I agonised over balancing the free and expressive nature of the life work with the consideration and control back in the studio. These ink and watercolour paintings seem to act as an interface twixt the two and, being totally different from each seem to have a direction of their own. . . anyway;

This makes perfect sense to me Tim. It seems so hard for all artists to keep the freshness and expressiveness of field sketches in studio paintings. Anything that helps that seems valuable to me. These have the added benefit of looking good on their own.

I think that your excitement with the medium also shows up in the drawings. They have a tremendous sense of liveliness.

Wow just popped in + seen the 3 latest!! They are brilliant - love the life they exude!!
I think that these are just brilliant + I'd happily have any one of them hanging on the wall!! If these aren't 'work's of art' not sure what is!!

Tim,
Been trying to creep back onto the forum. Which means the long task of reviewing all I've missed (bit like gardening this!;))
Since my last reply in late May you have posted some jaw-dropping stuff here! Gob-smacking works!
I was a big fan of Ennion's work as a kid. But this is taking what he did a whole lot further. And putting your inimitable stamp on it in the process!
I really don't know what to say. I have no words for how these pieces make me feel..
The closest I can come is that they make me feel very very excited. Like "I've come across the best album I ever heard" in birdart terms!
Shockingly good and iconoclastic brilliance!
Gotta visit this thread more often...;)

They certainly do - I'm now looking at my second in life! (Thanks Tim).
Thanks, All - nothing helps this solitary (pre)occupation along quite like fellow-minded folk chipping in with words that gee-up the spirit. And that's what this forum's all about IMHO.
Thank you Jane.

These stand on their own as works of art, very much in the Ennion vein and just as good...

I predict these will become very much sought after in the immediate, as well as the distant future Tim.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back