• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

The Pro (1 Viewer)

samuel walker

It's OK to be a little blue........
I found a wee patch last Spring teeming with wood warblers.A small wetland I visited daily in April and May On one occation a gent approached me on the trail and inquired to my being there.I'm here for the warblers and you sir?"I'm Miles and I'm working" He had a monster Panasonic video camera rig and knew every bird in the area.Yeah some "work" thought I Collecting a check to be bird filming.He helped me greatly find about 15 warblers then vanished when they had passed through.Today I went to the patch and there was Miles with only a big grin No cam ,no bins.He had just gotten back from a month in the Amazon with great stories..He knew most of the warbs had passed since he was gone and was there to see the tail end species come through.We marched along the old trails and saw a few plus wood duck chicks and ruby-throat hummingbird.Real fun to be with a person that gets a paycheck for watching birds.
Sam

Great birding day Sam, I bet Miles really works for that paycheck! But still, great work if you can find it. Nice that he took time to help you ID the warblers.
Good to see your out there in the wetlands!

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back