• Welcome to BirdForum, the internet's largest birding community with thousands of members from all over the world. The forums are dedicated to wild birds, birding, binoculars and equipment and all that goes with it.

Please register for an account to take part in the discussions in the forum, post your pictures in the gallery and more.
ZEISS DTI thermal imaging cameras. For more discoveries at night, and during the day.

A Guide for Florida (1 Viewer)

CRAIG FULCHER

The Birding Gas Man
Hi all,

I am going to Florida in May 2009 for a family holiday and have a negotiated a spare day with the wife for me to go birding. To try and maximise my day i am thinking of hiring a guide for the day, i was wondering if anyone could recommend someone ? i'm not having too much luck looking on the net, etc. any help would be great.

Cheers

Craig

If it's only for a day, I'd suggest you don't need a guide, as such (sorry to any pro guides out there).

If you're anywhere in central Florida, have a number of day-itineraries that could be adapted.

Where are you staying and do you have a car?

Hi John, i'll be staying in Kissimmee during my holiday but i won't have a car for the duration of the trip. If i was going to do it myself i was going to hire a car for the day. I just thought that by the time i've sorted car hire, etc it would be just as easy to hire someone for the day.
I looked into Birding pal but both people listed under Orlando are either no longer living there or their e-mail details have changed ! I've been to Florida twice before but have never had a full days birding,usually just early morning walks etc so i really want to make the most of this day and see as many of the specialities as possible !

Craig

Hi Craig. If it's a Sunday or Monday, I'll take you to Viera Wetlands and Merritt Island Wildlife refuge in my truck. I go most weekends anyway. I could pick you up early in Kissimmee and spend the day there. I love to spend the early morning at Viera, then head to Blackpoint Drive. Then head back to Viera for the late foraging and feeding.

If you're interested email me, [email protected]. Sometimes my 80 mother comes as well. I bring a lot of photo equipment. My truck is a huge Toyota 4 door Tundra with 4 wheel drive.

I forgot to mention, anyone is welcome any time that I'm going. Just email.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back